Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Living in Alaska

Most of the time I love living in Alaska. Right now I hate it! I hate trying to get all the Christmas packages and everyone claims that Alaska mail can take up to a month. I don't live in the bush... I live so close to Anchorage it's ridiculous!!

I have spent the last month fighting about Eve's birthday present. I ordered it plenty early and then they said it could take up to a month; when a month passed they said the tracking (which they never gave me) said it had been here 3 weeks ago. They so kindly sent it again and then just today it was returned because the retards at the post office can't recognize the EXACT same address that another package we actually received today was addressed to. So I am mad. I got a refund on that one... and am trying another vendor... luckily this vendor is much less expensive so it may work out to my advantage.

So we are waiting for a few more packages that we ordered. Strangely the only ones that are ever refused are those shipped from a company... packages from family always show up. Sometimes I wish that we lived in a place where we could get everything we need without relying on ordering things. It will be even worse in Ketchikan ... but in Ketchikan we never had the problem with the post office just randomly sending back packages. Here's hoping everything else gets here! Poor Eve won't get her super cool discovery dome until after Christmas, but she won't know the difference.

2 comments:

Listless Lullabies said...

It does suck sometimes. Sad that Ketchikan is better than Wasilla for the receiving of packages. I wouldn't have thought that.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your second attempt for getting Eve's dome to Wasilla. Maybe some holiday cookie cheer would help the postal workers take a little closer gander at the addresses!