Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sharing

I know when I was little I wasn't that fond of sharing; if I had something I wanted it to be mine. I remember some of us siblings going to great measures so things stayed in his or her possesion. (Angela licking her plate, fork, anything at her place on the table). Food was especially important; everyone had to back off food. I remember the sharing song "if I had a piece of cake and you didn't have one I would tear it into half and give a piece to you" In truth this would only happen in real life if mom was standing right there making us prove what good sharers we were.

Well Eve seems to have no problem sharing her food. It started out sharing her food with Mom, or Dad, or maybe even Grandma Kim. Well now she has decided that the dog needs to be shared with; and not just by dropping food on the floor for her to eat. She thinks she needs to take a more active role in the sharing. She will take her food right over to the dog and hold it there while Hailey eats it. It is so sweet!! Luckily Hailey is a gentle dog and so patient. I only wish she wouldn't want to give ALL of her snack to the dog. I feel like such a witch sometimes... yelling at the dog to stay out of the room while Eve eats; or telling Eve that she can't share her food with the dog. Those poor little friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharing....caring...that's the thing to do. Especially with a pet friend.