Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A good week


So right now Al and Kim are on vacation so we have the house to ourselves (mostly). It is kind of fun just having our little family in the house; though don't get me wrong it would be awesome to have someone around so that they can "watch" Eve after bedtime so we can get out of the house by ourselves. Or really watch Eve at any time so that we could get alone time. This weekend me and Eve had the house all to ourselves on Saturday because Ian went out snowboarding. It was like one of those little kid Saturdays; I didn't worry about getting anything done except for playing with Eve. It was so relaxing!!!

When Ian was getting ready to go snowboarding he got out his backpack that has a camelbak. Eve loves drinking water out of it. Right now is it still on the couch with water in it so that she can drink it. Ian jokes that if we were smart we would hang one down from the ceiling in her bedroom so she could have water handy all night long. It would be like the water dispenser for a gerbil... It just cracks me up!!

Yesterday was probably the worst day we have had in a while. You forget how much you hate those nights when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night a million times until you get one of those again. (Stupid teeth). Eve just wouldn't have it. By five she wasn't going back to sleep no matter what. She just wanted to cry and cry and cry for two hours straight and then go back to sleep. I forget how thankful I am that she rarely cries anymore. Luckily I got a morning nap and though our schedule was off she was a generally happy girl the rest of the day. Happy enough to make herself a clown face at lunchtime!!!

Then last night Ian was awesome, he took Eve the one time she woke up and I got to sleep through the night. I forgot what it felt like. It was so nice not to have to get up once after getting into bed. It was better than I ever dreamed it would be.

No comments: