Wednesday, April 17, 2013

World Hemophilia Day

Sometimes I think that Eve doesn't understand what hemophilia is, or maybe she just wants to escape that world when she leaves the house. One of her friends was explaining hemophilia to her teacher... and Eve didn't want to say a word. She is so helpful when we are infusing the boys... trying to entertain or help in any way she can. She is very good at advocating for cartoons during infusions (I can't imagine why that would be). So in honor of World Hemophilia Day I thought maybe we could get a little bit of Eve's perspective on hemophilia.
What is hemophilia?
You have special blood. I think that's all.
What is special about your brothers?
They have special blood and you and me don't.
How do we treat them?
Put a port in their body.
What happens when they get a port in their body?
They get a really hard booby boob. ( I am seriously laughing so hard here. How do I keep a straight face? Their ports are right above their right nipple, so her description comes from that.)
Is it fun to have hemophilia?
No, you have to have a pokey poke.

No comments: