Saturday, October 27, 2012

We have a port!!

 
Port surgery doesn't take very long... but it felt like FOREVER!! I know we had done it for Ezra but it didn't make it any easier. Once we got him back I did a quick count on the number of IV attempts I could see. First off I have to tell you the anesthesiologist had given me this talk prior to surgery then looked at Evan's hands and said this is going to be no problem. Yeah right.  They gave Evan gas before they attempted his IV so they didn't have to fight him, so I thought maybe they would really be successful right away. There were 4 pokes in one hand, two in the other... and the IV ended up being in his foot. Good thing we were there to get a port huh?
Evan has done pretty well since the surgery... he is a little fussy (who wouldn't be) and his pain meds make him sleepy (I am not complaining about my baby sleeping). We actually flew home yesterday... the day after his surgery. We flew in on the late flight so mom has the other kids still... I can't wait to see them!

No comments: