Sunday, May 8, 2011

Magic


You know what I like best about being a mom? Is that somehow the moment I became a mom I became a creator of magic. First off there is the magic that goes along with just carrying a child for nine months... that along is a magical act. Then there are just the little every day things like kissing scrapes and hugging away tears. Sometimes it is actually setting up another magical person's things; like setting out the Easter eggs and talking up the Easter bunny. I love being the unknown creator of an event that is so magical to my kids (well only Eve is old enough to even get it right now).
I know a day will come when they grow up and won't believe in the Easter bunny type of magic but I know that there is still something magical about a mom. I remember being in labor with Eve and there was no question that I needed my mom there. There is something magical about her. I know that if she is there; even if she is doing nothing but cheering for me and praying, I can do anything. I am so grateful for my mom and the magic she provides in my life.
I know that her amazing mom powers have helped me deal with how my world got turned upside down recently. My mom is one of those centering forces of my world, and how she does it I don't know, but it is pretty amazing!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love this post. I think your friendship is magical :)