Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ouch!

For this post I will not post pictures because I know how much my mom hates pictures of my kids hurting. Since Ezra started crawling he has been getting crazy bruises. We called the doctor about it and over the phone they decided that he was just a kid getting bruises and that we shouldn't be too concerned about it. Then on Friday I took him in because he has had a tough time getting over this nasty cold that has been going around. While there the doctor notices his bruise and asks what happened... and then I explain this is what I am talking about... horrible bruises with no event that I can think of that would cause them. So then one of my worst days as a parent happened... they had me take him in for blood work... all I can say is horrible. I guess I should also mention Eve was there with me because I thought at most we would be getting something for the cold. We were in there for 45 minutes while they poked and poked and poked Ezra trying to get one of his tiny little veins. Of course they had me holding him down and I was crying and Eve was yelling that Ezra didn't like it and just wanted to go home and take a nap... it was traumatic for all involved. All we know now is that Ezra has a blood clotting disorder and are waiting for more test results before we know where to go next. I dread it... I hate the blood drawing and I will tell you, he is bruised from the middle of his upper arm to the middle of his lower arm on both sides... it isn't pretty!! So now I am just waiting for answers and hoping my baby will be okay.

1 comment:

Anica said...

This made me cry. I can't even imagine having to go through that and then to top it off having Eve watch it. All I can say is the poor little guy. Lots of kisses hugs and loves from me!