Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I keep bleeding . . . I keep, keep, bleeding...

So now we know what is wrong with Ezra. It doesn't make it any easier... He has factor 9 deficiency, otherwise known as Hemophilia B. We really won the genetic lottery here. There are only 3,300 people (males) with it in the United States. Aren't we lucky? I have so many fears for the future. I worry that he will hate us for trying so hard to protect him, that I won't be able to protect him, that he won't be able to give us grandchildren. It is so overwhelming. We are still waiting for Children's Hospital in Seattle to call us and set up an appointment. I am hoping after going to Seattle I can feel a little more hopeful about his future and ours. But right now I am just going to lock myself in the bathroom and cry for a while.

2 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

Man, I hope you hear from them soon and get some reassurance. Hang in there Ashley! And until then, just cry it out. Call me if there's anything I can do to help.

Unknown said...

My eyes are leaking with you. Lots of prayers and hoping they can help in Seattle. Still sounds like he will have a cautious life.
Grandpa