Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Little Ninjas

So Ian had to go to Juneau for a few days for work. Luckily Andrew was willing to come help me out while Ian was gone because we were on day (I've lost count) of infusing Ezra for a muscle bleed. We really don't know what to think about his bleed. It is better than the first day we started treating but he is still limping around and at this point I am not sure it is going to get any better. It is to the point where I wonder if I am imagining it... maybe Ezra has always walked limping like this and I didn't notice it... okay I know that isn't true but I feel like I am crazy. All I can say is that I am really hating hemophilia right now because I feel like it is totally kicking Ezra's butt and in turn kicking my butt. So we are going to try to figure out what is the next step because this is totally not acceptable. What is hilarious is bringing him in to the doctor saying he is limping and she can't be positive because he is a toddler... toddlers usually walk a little funny, how is she to know what is limping around and what is just toddling. It is just so frustrating. Luckily the doctor listens to me when I say something is wrong. She said go ahead and treat... and I am like duh I am already doing that but for the life of me I can't figure out where in his leg the bleed is. So she thinks the hip joint... then after a talk with the hemophilia nurse they think hip muscle... tricky little bleeds.

Back to what I meant to write about. Last night my kids were practicing their ninja skills. Ezra woke up at midnight because he had peed out of his diaper. So I brought him to my bed (after changing him) and he fell right asleep. Then when I woke up to feed Evan a few hours later there were squinkies in the bed that weren't there before. I had found them while I was cleaning earlier in the day and put them on top of my five drawer dresser. Somehow Ezra had gone all ninja in my few hours of sleep and pulled the drawers out to climb the dresser high enough to get down the squinkies to play with all without waking me. Of course he was fast asleep while I was feeding Evan. So I go back to sleep. The next time I wake up there are squinkies and money from Eve's money jar with a sleeping Ezra in the middle of my bed. Of course getting to the money jar required some climbing... but that is super easy for my little monkey man. So when I get up for the day of course Ezra is busy doing monkey business in my room... but not climbing. Just texting people on my phone, spilling water on my floor, and stripping naked (please let me think that is water and not pee). So I go out to the living room and Eve is asleep in one of our chairs with a couple pacifiers. (Don't get me started on that... she "kicked" the paci habit long ago... or so we thought but she now is a paci vulture.) Of course Andrew slept through all of the wild night... which he totally should I was just surprised he was able to. I was talking to Eve about the pacis tonight and I had to laugh so hard. The pacis she had were ones I don't remember being in Ezra's paci stash. When I told her that she said no they were from the cupboard. I had to laugh so hard. Andrew slept through Eve coming out and going to the kitchen, dragging a chair to get up on top of the counter and reach the highest shelf in the cupboard to get those pacis. Life is great. Good to know those kids a practicing their ninja skills at night.

Next time Ezra has a bleed and I don't know what started it all I will just have to blame it on his nightly ninja practice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you infusing more than once a day? Email me, I have some thoughts as Zander also has bleeds that are harder to control. Nikac616@gmail.com (from the bloody good life blog)

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard at this post!! Those kids of yours are hilarious and independent souls which sometime in the future will serve them well, but may age you quickly in the process.

Anica said...

At least there aren't any pacis up here. Totally kick the habit.