Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hospital

So yesterday Ezra was playing with Eve and hit his head. I was in the other room and didn't see what exactly happened. All I could get out of Eve is that Ezra hit his head and that he didn't want her to snuggle him to make him feel better. He had a few little marks on his head and a pretty good purple line down his forehead like he probably hit it on the corner of something. We called the hemo nurse and she said since we didn't see it happen we should probably treat just to be safe.
The hospital was okay. Ezra was happy right up to the time that the nurse tried to poke him. Then it was all over and he screamed bloody murder. The first poke was unsuccessful, makes me feel so bad for the little guy and also the poor nurse trying to get a good shot and my wiggly man's little veins. By the time it was over we had four nurses in the room. Two of them were holding a little animal show behind my back while I held Ezra; one of them was holding his sippy cup for him since his IV was in his little hand, and the other one was pushing his factor.
Ezra really knows how to put on a show. When they were getting him ready to go after the fact he held out his bandaged hand to the nurse with the most pathetic look on his face. It was like he was saying "look at what you did to me... the least you could do is give me a kiss." One of the nurses brought in this adorable stuffed lion for him. He really had those ladies wrapped around his little finger.

1 comment:

Anica said...

Who could not fall in love with the little guy, especially when he is hurting :(