Thursday, February 14, 2013

I've got you babe...

The other day someone asked me how long Ian and I have been together. That question is a lot harder to answer than some people would think. Ian and I started dating all the way back during my freshman year of high school. Can you believe that? Every time someone asks me how long we have been together I don't know when to start counting. We dated, we broke up, we dated, we were friends... and then somewhere along the way we got married. Wait! How did that happen?!
Sometimes I feel so guilty about all this craziness that comes with my genes. I wonder if Ian sometimes dreams of the life he would have had if he had married some non mutant. Of course I've asked him this and his response just kills me... "No, because I would rather be helping you deal with this."  I love him for that. And he is a huge help through all this wildness. There is no one I would rather be going through this with than him. I am glad that he stuck around. 
All I can think of in honor of Valentine's Day is the lyrics of I've got you babe.... 
[Sonny] I got flowers in the spring I got you to wear my ring
[Cher:] And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
[Cher:] So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
[Sonny:] Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you sweetheart.